Upgrade Your Commute with an Electric Vehicle
Shopping for a new vehicle for your Albertville commute is an exciting experience, and currently drivers have more options than ever before on the market. With a number of standard engines, hybrid engines, and now electric vehicles (EVs) available to purchase at many dealerships, drivers have the option to pick a car that will meet their needs and give them the fuel economy savings they want. EVs are becoming a popular choice on the market because of their environmental benefits, strong engines, and comfortable interiors. Learn more about the benefits of owning an EV with Terry Sligh Chevrolet below, then browse our Chevy Bolt inventory to see what this popular EV has to offer.
Benefits of Owning an Electric Vehicle
Electric vehicles offer plenty of benefits for your Trussville commute, and they’ll fit perfectly into your current daily driving routines. Electric vehicles are packed with the latest technology for comfort, convenience, and connectivity. Additionally, EVs also offer strong engine performance whether you’re commuting or taking a weekend road trip. See the benefits many Springville drivers experience when they buy an EV below:
- Zero Emissions: Most EVs have zero tailpipe emissions, with many not even having a tailpipe at all. This means that there will be no byproduct of the vehicle running from exhaust emissions, which is better for the environment.
- Renewable Energy: Electric cars also use renewable energy, making them better for the environment. EVs are powered by electricity, meaning they can take advantage of renewable resources such as solar, wind, or even water to be recharged as opposed to standard coal or oil energy sources.
- Reduced Maintenance: Full electric vehicles don’t have engine oil so there’s no need for oil changes. With fewer fluids and less wear and tear occuring in the engine, EVs overall have fewer maintenance concerns than standard vehicles.
- Quieter Drive: One major benefit of EVs that most drivers notice instantly is the serene ride. Electric vehicles don’t produce a lot of engine noise, so there’s less commotion in the cabin.
- Performance: Car enthusiasts rejoice! Electric vehicles truly provide unbeatable performance. The electric motors are capable of producing near-instantaneous torque so you can still find thrill on your drives whether you’re running errands, going to work, or taking a weekend road trip.
Why Buy a Chevy Bolt?
Many vehicle manufacturers are beginning to invest in the electric vehicle market and produce EV sedans, SUVs, and even trucks for everyday drivers. If you’re looking for a top-rated EV for your Springville drives, however, the Chevy Bolt is a favorite among commuters and families alike. With a strong engine and a driver-friendly MSRP, the Chevy Bolt also has a number of benefits for everyday drivers. See why so many people prefer the Chevy Bolt over other EVs below:
259 Mile Electric Range
- The Chevy Bolt has a truly amazing electric range for drivers to take advantage of on their daily commute. In the Chevy Bolt model’s segment, vehicles with over 200 miles are considered good, but the Chevy Bolt reaches an amazing 259 miles of electric range, allowing you to drive uninhibited from point A to point B.
- The Chevy Bolt has a 66-kWh lithium-ion battery pack attached to a single electric motor that produces 200 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque. This allows the Bolt to go from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.3 seconds, a time that much of its competition just can’t match.
- The Chevy Bolt model’s small size and strong engine make it perfect for navigating small roads or the highway. Its responsive handling makes driving in and out of traffic or commuting through town feel smooth and comfortable to the driver and their passengers.
Excellent Braking System
- Braking is an important factor for any vehicle, but with EVs offering regenerative braking, it’s especially important. The Bolt EV has standard friction brakes that can modulate with expected ease when you flip it into D mode, while L mode activates the regenerative brakes, giving a boost to the car’s electric range. Once again, the Chevy Bolt excels in this segment compared to its competitors.
- Electric engines typically run quieter than their hybrid or standard engine counterparts, but the Chevy Bolt takes comfort a step further with a well insulated cabin. Drivers will find that unwanted noise from the road, wind, or other vehicles are kept out, while their favorite tunes and conversations are easy to hear as they drive.
Comfortable & Spacious Cabin Design
- The Chevy Bolt is classified as a compact sedan, but it still has a spacious interior for the driver and their passengers. Its smaller design makes it easy to navigate Springville roads while allowing everyone in the cabin to move comfortably in their seat – whether they’re in the front or back row.
Small Item Storage Areas
- Since it has a smaller cabin than midsize sedans or SUVs, the Chevy Bolt uses intelligent storage solutions to ensure you can pack your cargo while keeping everyone comfortable on your drives. The Chevy Bolt offers plenty of compartments to store small items inside of its cabin. The center console, front door bins, and glove box all add to your storage options, and there’s even space for big purses in an open bin. Small details like the cup holders also make the Chevy Bolt a comfortable ride, with your drinks stored securely in convenient compartments.
Test Drive the Chevy Bolt at Terry Sligh Chevrolet
Now that you know more about the benefits of buying an electric car and why so many people prefer the Chevy Bolt over its competitors, visit our Oneonta showroom to take a test drive! Our friendly team will help you find the right Chevy Bolt model for your daily drives and we’ll help you save with our new vehicle specials. Apply for financing today to get behind the wheel of a new Chevy Bolt!